Below is the local farmers market schedule for the 2021 season:
• Fort Payne Main Street Farmers Market is hosting its grand opening Saturday, June 5 and will be open on Mondays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., For the opening day, the Fort Payne Main Street presents its “Touch a Truck” event in conjunction with the market. The event is free and children of all ages are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
• DeKalb County Farmers Market is open on Tuesdays and Fridays at 3 p.m. at the VFW Fairgrounds and will kick off its season on Friday, June 4 at 3 p.m.
• Mentone Farmers Market is located at the corner of Scenic Hwy 89 and Alabama Hwy 117 is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays. This market is currently open year-around.
• Rainsville Farmers Market meets Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Rainsville Field of Dreams pavilion.
• Henagar Farmers Market will be open Mondays at the city park from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. beginning June 1 through Aug. 30.
• Geraldine Farmers Market is located at the Geraldine Town Park, 13099 County Road 52 is open Wednesdays from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Alabama Farmers Market Authority encourages communities to buy locally grown food not only to strengthen their family's health with nutrients from fresh produce but also their community.