• Updated

In honor of the fall season, I stopped by Starbucks recently to celebrate by ordering a pumpkin spice latte. When it comes to all things pumpkin spice related, it seems the world is evenly divided into two camps: those who love the autumnal flavor and those who detest the very idea of it. Of…

• Updated

Maybe it’s listening to jazz, reading comic books, or shopping in thrift stores. Whatever makes you happy. Pasta makes me happy. I can honestly say that one of my favorite food items is pasta. Whether it’s cavatappi with a spicy Tuscan sauce, baked macaroni and cheese fresh from the oven, pa…

• Updated

Fun to eat dips make me smile. I enjoy a savory dip as an appetizer or served alongside a protein like grilled fish or steak kabobs. And fall football season is a perfect time to serve a dip and chip tray. Simple spreads are similar to dips—a generous schmear of spread on a cracker, bread, o…

• Updated

Recipes that take a little more time may not work for a busy, hectic weeknight meal but may be perfect for weekends or when you have time to do some preparation before heading out the door for the day. Slow cookers or crock-pots are a perfect choice for slow roasting or simmering food when y…

What are the staple foods in your home? The weekly grocery cart items? Everyone has a list of essential food items or “go-to” products or ingredients. Your children will only eat a particular Pop-Tart flavor, or you prefer 1% over 2% milk for your cereal bowl. Brand name items that you splur…

• Updated

Summer 2021 began on Sunday, June 20, and will end September 22nd. Before the season ends and the summer produce is replaced with pumpkins at the local supermarkets, pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables and make a few mouthwatering dishes for your dinner table. Savor the flavors of summe…