As I sit at my desk trying to decide what to write for my last Chamber Chatter, memories flood my mind of previous ones.

Congratulations to Chris Donohoo, co-owner of Donohoo Auto, for being named the University of Alabama at Birmingham owner of one of the top three companies valued at over $10 million.

Hurricane Harvey is proving to be one of the greatest natural disaster in history for the state of Texas.

Would you like to have an eye to eye conversation about your business to prospective new clients?

From the movie Field of Dreams comes the saying, “If you build it, they will come.”

“We should be about more than just selling chicken. We should be a part of our customers’ lives and the community in which we serve” — Truett Cathy, owner Chick-fil-A.

We are all guilty of criticizing our youth for their lack of civic pride, community involvement or even their lack of leadership.

The Chamber member spotlight for Third Saturday, June 17, will be First Fidelity Bank.

Have you ever served on a jury?  Do you spend a lot of time and energy trying to get out of serving? It is everyone’s civic duty to support our judicial system.

With the great news that Renfro and Wal-Mart have entered into an agreement to increase hosiery sales, many have memories of what our town was like when we were the “Sock Capital of the World.”

The Fort Payne Chamber is always actively seeking retirees to relocate to our city. The latest survey by Smart Asset proclaims even more benefits for making this move.

Congratulations to the winners of the Chamber’s Christmas Parade float competition.  The judges really faced difficult decisions since all the floats were so creative this year.

During this season of giving, the Alabama Community College System has really given to those who are trying to complete their college degree.

I hope the Thanksgiving holidays put you in the Christmas spirit. The chamber is definitely ready to celebrate.

The Chamber Chatter will focus on Women in Business during the next few weeks. It is an honor to showcase these individuals who have made such a difference in our business community and influenced the growth of our entire city.

The Marines used the phrase, “looking for a few good men,” in one of their recruiting campaigns. The Fort Payne Chamber is “looking for a few good women.”

The news concerning some of the water departments in our surrounding areas can be very alarming. Eight Alabama communities were included in a new drinking water health advisory for certain man-made chemicals. These advisories were issued by the US Environmental Protection Agency.

The Chamber will host an After Hours on May 12 from 5-7 p.m. at Go Play Therapy, 2804 Greenhill Boulevard, NW, Suite 102 in Fort Payne.

Just what is your Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce?

Have you seen Fort Payne’s latest retail accomplishment?  The Chamber welcomed Dunham’s Sports with a ribbon cutting celebration on April 22.

Everyone gets spring fever this time of year. They want their yards and flowerbeds to be an award-winning array of beauty.

Everyone gets spring fever this time of year. They want their yards and flowerbeds to be an award-winning array of beauty.

Have you ever dreamed about being on stage for the ride of a lifetime?  I am not talking about the one drawn by horses but the one that brings experiences bigger than life itself.

If you have not attended one of the Big Wills Art Council Radio Vizions programs, you are missing out on the best musical venue in our city.

The old saying “It takes a village to raise a child” is really exemplified in the production of the Krazy Kudzu Follies. It truly takes the participation of the whole community to create a great night of laughter.

The second session of Leadership Alabama was held in the City of Mobile last week. A tour of the Alabama State Docks was included in our agenda.