Greetings and salutations, my Fort Payne Main Street family and friends, and happy Saturday morning and Happy Independence weekend. I really feel that, next to Christmas, this is the most revered of holidays because of the very nature of what we must remember and never forget our forefathers…

Great Saturday morning! I hope all of you had a wonderful and safe Memorial Holiday. We enjoyed a lot of good grilled food, homemade ice cream and of course a sweet, cold watermelon. It was a family time for which I am thankful.

Hello, my Fort Payne Family and friends, from Fort Payne Main Street. I want to say a big thank you to Amelia Landstreet, or “mom,” as I call her, and to the entire Third Saturday sunset Cruise-In team.

Well, Good morning my Fort Payne Main Street family and friends. All I really have to say is, “for the love of Pete!”

It’s beginning to look a lot like we’re going to enjoy a perfect day this Saturday for the 58th Annual Rainsville Christmas Parade. Perfect that is, if you like to have Jack Frost nipping at your nose, and being among some folks dressed up like Eskimos.

Rainsville’s Christmas at the Crossroads is now only a little over a week away on Saturday, Dec. 9.

If you are one of the local heroes who likes to support local businesses at every opportunity, or are considering becoming one for civic reasons, you don’t have to let yourself be lured away from shopping small and local on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or any other time. 

With only about 47 days remaining in the year, let’s take a close look at some of the deadlines and events that are coming up in the very near future.

The Rainsville Holiday Open House (HOHO) on Nov. 10-11 will provide more than the name implies.

The time to prepare for the season of giving is here. Hunting the right gifts can be pure fun for some and just routine for others. The city-wide Rainsville Holiday Open House coming up on November 10-11 will be an opportunity for every kind of gift giver to discover what wonderful things ou…

We are now accepting nominations for the next Rainsville Person of the Year award, which will be presented at our annual meeting on Jan. 18. 

First of all, allow me to report a very interesting new member. It’s Dove Family Health located at 124 McCurdy Avenue South in the Body Vision complex. Starting November 1, Dr. Morgan Mason Goss will be providing direct primary care there. Look for the new dove sign.

Good morning Fort Payne Main Street. We are literally up and running this Saturday morning at the 5K/1-Mile Fun Run for Rescue sponsored by the Friends of DeKalb County Animal Adoption Center.

This week I would like to start out by asking our readers to help me out. I want to hear from you. All you have to do is email your answer to the following question to chamber@farmerstel.com, post it to our Facebook page or call us at 256-638-7800. 

Good Saturday morning my Fort Payne community, and welcome to October. Fort Payne Main Street has a full fall schedule and we are very excited. We had another great installment of Radiovizions with your host Russell Gulley. We enjoyed author, Lee Grimes as she talked about her book “Sand Mou…

Good Saturday morning my Fort Payne community and welcome to October. Fort Payne Main Street has a full fall schedule and we are very excited. We had another great installment of Radiovizions with your host Russell Gulley. We enjoyed author, Lee Grimes as she talked about her book “Sand Moun…

Last week, we were fortunate to have three professional business advisors leading our work sessions at our Rainsville Small Business Opportunity Day.

Do you support local schools, youth sports and the clubs and charities that help local people? Do you really?

Since there are a good number of important events coming up in the Rainsville area in the next 11 weeks, I would like to ask you to read carefully the information below, mark your calendar, get involved and help spread the word.  

Since there are a good number of important events coming up in the Rainsville area in the next 11 weeks, I would like to ask you to read carefully the information below, mark your calendar, get involved and help spread the word.

Hello Fort Payne, Alabama and visitors. We are super excited because the event that we all love is here, Boom Days number twelve. This installment promises to be a great one.

The Rainsville Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit corporation with 13 dozen due-paying members who believe much can be gained by equipping this small city with an organization that can help promote all things in and of the community, and help attract tourists, new residents and new business…

If you are thinking about starting a business for the first time, you really need some business coaching and some networking before you take the plunge. If you started a small business within the past four or five years, and things are going well but you are so busy you don’t have time to pl…

Hello Fort Payne Alabama! It is officially September and summer is behind us with an almost guaranteed beautiful Fall coming upon us. There is nothing quite like the colors of Fall in our area, from our historic city park to Little River Canyon, Desoto Falls or to our small town city streets…

Rainsville has had a Mexican restaurant for many years now. Big things have been taking place over at 462 Main Street East recently. Some impressive improvements have been made. There is new ownership, management, and a new name: Casa Poblano’s Mexican Cuisine. And, they are our newest member.

What a great week it has been. Two Fort Payne Board members and I attended the Main Street Alabama Lab in Florence.

Yet another successful fundraiser is in the books. 

You and I could use some good news right about now, couldn’t we?

We don’t thank our supporters often enough. From those who provide the funding that makes it possible to operate our office and carry out our programs and events to those who may simply like our Facebook page or share our posts, when you take the time to really think about it, we have all so…

Thirty years of preventing and solving problems for a wide variety of customers is a significant milestone any way you look at it. 

You want small businesses that are owned and operated by local folks to grow and prosper. Check. You think it’s good news when a local entrepreneur needs more space and a bigger staff. Check. 

Let me begin by offering my take on what you need to know to shop in Rainsville this Friday and Saturday, July 21 and 22 to take advantage of the Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday at some of our member stores.

We have a new member to welcome this week. Congratulations goes out to owner Rickey Odom and his staff at Tri-State Appliance. They recently moved to Rainsville and are now located at 1989 McCurdy Ave. (Alabama Highway 75) N. a half-mile north of the Agri-Business Center at the intersection …

The second annual Rainsville Summer Shopping Days will span the month of July.

When will it happen? Which song will it be? Maybe it will be “Woke Up In Love” “Hang On to Your Heart” or “Give Me One More Chance.” Or maybe “She’s Too Good To be True,” “Super Love” or “Kiss You All Over.” Maybe it will depend on which number one hit they sing first.

These are exciting times in Rainsville, Alabama. So exciting in fact that some of the information below may be too exciting for some readers. You may need to take some calming counter measures to prevent yourself from getting too worked up.

Now more than ever, good citizens need to be aware of both the triumphs and struggles taking place in their local business community.

I didn’t make a single resolution on New Year’s Day. Is it okay to proclaim two or three for the first day of March? 

The Rainsville Chamber of Commerce’s 50th Annual Meeting is now only a week away. The Jan. 19 event will be held at the warm and cozy Tom Bevill Enrichment Center.